Why do they do it?

Friday, November 19, 2004

Hate

I found out that I hated a person today,
That I never knew I could hate.
Once I really liked him,
Well, I guess that’s fate.

He said some things that were mean,
And some awful things that stung.
That was it for me,
To know that I was hung.

He used to say he liked me,
Complimented me everyday.
Now he barely takes a glance,
When I walk across his way.

The things he said were wrong,
They struck me in the heart.
When I had heard what he said,
I nearly fell apart.

I don’t know what I did,
If I did anything at all.
But now the gate around my heart,
Has turned into a brick wall.

Well, what’s done is done,
It was all up to fate.
To turn all that I feel,
Into a raw, strong hate.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger NavyBrat said…

    Whoa! Who would ever hurt you like that? Man, he's so not worth it. I can understand where you are coming from. The thing is, boys are stupid. They can't make up their mind and rarely ever care if a decision or action they make hurts somebody. I loved your poem.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home