Why do they do it?

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Old

Everyday I see young people,
Who always have old souls.
Their hopes and dreams were shattered,
Their hearts had a million holes.

Everyday I see old friends,
Who never were really there.
Their love and happiness false,
Their lies were never fair.

Everyday I see old grudges,
That haunt me day and night.
The anger and sadness that they hold,
All amount to a tremendous height.

Everyday I see old memories,
Float behind their eyes.
All that pain and heartache,
And all of those spoken lies.

Everyday I see old promises,
That will never be.
While all the happiness that is there,
The future they will soon see.

Everyday I see young people,
Who always have old souls.
Their hopes and dreams were shattered,
Their hearts were all big holes.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger NavyBrat said…

    Interesting poem, Noelle. It's really good. I like it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home