Why do they do it?

Monday, February 14, 2005

Why, Sorrow

EVERYTHING FALLING APART, NOTHING AS IT WAS. NO ONE TO CATCH MY TEARS, NO ONE TO SHARE MY FEARS. ANGER IN MY HEART, SADNESS IN MY SOUL. DEPRESSION ALL AROUND ME, AND EVERYONE HERE IS COLD. COMFUSION IS MY FRIEND, LONELYNESS MY MATE. EMPTY IS A FEELING, THAT I’VE COME TO HATE. CHANGE IS NOT MY FRIEND, BUT IS THE ONLY THING THAT STAYS THE SAME. WHILE EVERYONE NEAR ME STARTS THERE FAST PACED CHANGE. WHY AM I SO DIFFERENT? WHY CAN’T I MOVE AHEAD? WHY IS IT THAT I’M THE ONLY ONE WHO HEARS A THING I’VE SAID? I HATE CHANGE BUT ITS FORCED ON TO ME, FOR EVERYTIME I TRY TO HAVE SOME DECENT COMPANY. PROMISES ARE EMPTY, AND LOVE IS A HEART’S PAIN. EACH IN TURN ARE RISKY, EACH ARE RESISTENT TO CHANGE. FOR IF I LIVED ON BROKEN PROMISES, AND PAIN THAT IRKS THE HEART, I’D LIVE A LIFE OF SORROW THAT WOULD NEVER FALL APART. SO WHY DO PEOPLE WONDER, WHEN I ALWAYS TURN AWAY? BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHOSE BACKS FACED ME, IT WAS ALWAYS THEY.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger NavyBrat said…

    Wow, and just plain wow. It was a good poem, but you should know that you always have me to talk to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home